Official Rules of KITAB BAGS 2012 Design Contest
Eligibility: No purchase is necessary to enter or claim the Prize (as defined herein). The Kitab Bags 2012 Design Contest (the “Contest”) is open to U.S. & Foreign residents, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. M.H., Inc (“Sponsor”) and its respective companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, advertising agencies, employees, and the families and persons living in the same household as such employees, are not eligible to participate. The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law or regulations.
How To Enter:
1. Design and Submit 3 bag illustrations and designs along with brief description & inspiration.
2. Submit entry via the Contest’s website (http://www.kitabbags.com/kbdc12) or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Attempt to increase “Launch Signups” and FB “Likes” to become eligible for/ increase prize.
Each submission, regardless of how submitted, counts as one registration. The Contest begins at 11:00 am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on June 1, 2012 and ends at 12:00 pm EDT on August 3, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). By Entering into the contest, each entry agrees to abide by the Official Rules.
Content and Assignment of Submissions:
1. Upon submission, all design(s) & illustration(s) shall become the sole property of M.H., Inc. and will not be returned to the entrant. In consideration of, and as a condition to, the eligibility of each entry under the terms of the Contest, each entrant hereby irrevocably and unconditionally assigns, transfers and conveys, including without limitation, all associated copyright and other intellectual property rights and waives and an all moral rights. The entrants will not be paid, except for prize, if won, for the design & illustrations they submit or for the granting of any rights. If M.H,, Inc. uses the submitted designs & illustrations in campaigns, promotions or otherwise, it is in no way obligated to give any credit or acknowledgment to the entrant.
2. By entering the Contest, each entrant also warrants and represents that they are the sole authors and creators of the submitted designs & illustrations; that the design & illustrations have not been published previously in any medium and that the design(s) & illustrations(s) or photo does not infringe or violate any intellectual property right held by a third party, that it is suitable for display or publication; it does not contain any obscene or pornographic material, it does not contain any defamatory statements, it does not contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group, it does not include threats to any person, place, business or group, it does not contain any references to alcohol, controlled substances or other unlawful activities, it does not contain acts of cruelty toward animals, it does not feature any stunts, hazardous activities, or risky behavior, it does not invade the privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and it does not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations. All submissions will be review for content before being published or judged; however, such review does not relieve the entrant from responsibility for compliance with all of these Official Contest Rules. Submissions that do not comply with these Official Contest Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, or inappropriate contents as determined by M.H., Inc, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be published or considered for Prizes. MH, Inc in its sole and absolute discretion makes the final determination as to which submissions are eligible to take part in this Contest and be considered for a Prize.
3. By making a submission, each entrant agrees to release discharge, defend and hold harmless M.H., Inc, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, licensees, and assigns, and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives from any claim or liability arising from or related to submission and/or use of the submitted artwork.
Selection of Winners: At the conclusion Contest Period the winners will be selected to each receive various Kitab Bags Prizes (as defined herein). Winners will be selected by a panel of judges appointed by M.H., Inc. The judge’s decisions are final and binding.
Notification of Winner:
The winners will be notified via Facebook or using the contact information supplied by the entrant on or about August 7, 2012. The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. Winners will be required to sign and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) days of the date of the winning notification; otherwise the Prize will be forfeited, and a new winner will be randomly selected.
Prizes (3): At the conclusion of the Contest Period, three (3) entrants, one (1) for each category defined (below) will be selected to each receive Kitab Bag (the “Prizes”) based on the prize matrix (below). The criteria, “Launch Signup” refer to emails entered by individuals on website (http://signup.kitabbags.com), and the criteria “FB Likes” refers to “Likes” of the FB Page (http://www.facebook.com/kitab.bags). Criteria progress will be shown on Blog (http://www.kitabbags.com/blog). The Criteria will be evaluated at the end of the Contest Period. The Prizes are as follows:
Prize Tier 1, given 500 Launch Signups and 100 “Likes”, Prize is USD 50
Prize Tier 2, given 750 Launch Signups and 200 “Likes”, Prize is USD 75
Prize Tier 3, given 1500 Launch Signups and 400 “Likes”, Prize is USD 100
Prize Tier 4, given 2000 Launch Signups and 1000 “Likes”, Prize is USD 125
Prize Tier 5, given 3500 Launch Signups and 2000 “Likes”, Prize is USD 150
The Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded. In the event the Prizes cannot be awarded as stated, Sponsor may substitute Prizes of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to provide additional Prizes for the Contest. Depending on the quality of entries, Sponsor may select additional winners. The prize stated herein will be awarded assuming sufficient entries.
Only one Tier will be selected, and each of the three (3) contestants will be given the corresponding cash prize. Both Criteria must be met in each tier to qualify for that cash prize.
Release of Liability: By participating, you release Sponsor and their subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, agents, advertising agencies, Facebook, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest, from any and against any and all injury, loss, or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt use, and/or misuse of the Prizes, and you agree that these entities are in no matter responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the Contest and/or the awarding of any Prizes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, entrant agrees that, by entering the Contest, (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, any Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contests, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
Additional Rules: Entrant agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, from any claim by any third party relating to the Sponsor. By participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and all decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, garbled or illegible entries/registrations; (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry/registration materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from any contest it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and (ii) suspend, modify, or terminate the Contest if Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, that malfunction, error, disruption, or damage is impairing or will impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of the Contest. If Contest is terminated before the end date, Sponsor will determine the winner from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any unauthorized entries, including, without limitation, multiple entries from the same person. Entering the Contest constitutes permission to use the name, voice, photo, and likeness of the winner for advertising and publicity purposes, without further compensation. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any claims relating to the Contest shall be governed by Maryland law without regard to its conflict of law rules, and any such claim must be heard in Maryland.
Kitab Bags is a trademark of M.H., Inc.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
List of Winners: For a list of winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope, to:
Attn: Kitab Bags 2012 Design Contest
6054 Falls Rd.
Mt. Washington, MD 21209